Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Come with Me to the Field

+
*dedicated to Jay Z and Too Short, A Week Ago
http://youtu.be/7YKYtTE-aQ0
* dedicated to Pierce the Veil, King for a Day
http://youtu.be/icXUkIfZxyg
* dedicated to Adair, The Art of Staying Alive
http://youtu.be/rXPKhRcnl_I

Man I shouldn’t get hyped over such a somber topic as the following..but I am! Woooooooo! LETS GO!!!! LETS GET IT!!!!
...Ever imagine what Cain said to Abel before that fateful day? …..Well keep reading my friend!

------------------/Come with Me to the Field; Cain’s Last Words To Abel

CAIN:
Each morning, when the wind tickles
the golden tops of Eden’s wheat stalks I know
its time.  I can witness them from afar,
here below, and hear them as angels’
taunting laughter, a sort of sarcastic chiming
that chills my bones and invokes startling shivers   
that break the morose cycle of my chronic
recurring nightmares.

ABEL:
Time for what, brother?

CAIN:
To embrace this lesser opportunity, to live down our
family’s collective regret at being expelled from
our home, laboring needlessly just to secure
a day’s sustenance from the ground. To be fair,
I never lived there, perky palace of the privileged,
serenity of the selected sovereigns,  
but I live in mom’s fantasies and recollections
of how things used to be, the world that should
have been but will never, never again be.
My body shakes involuntarily, only death
will quell this discontent

ABEL:
But brother,
when the sun rises God smiles on us.
His warmth dispelling the former night’s cold
unveiling the stunning beauty of the skyline, like
stark reminders that Eden is immaterial, not on that hill
distinct from us. And these animals bequeathed to us
are precisely all we could ever need or want,
clothing and food in abundance 
to share amongst ourselves in love.
Whatever lost we regain through community,
gratitude and prayer for God’s Hand-
invisible convocation of angels within,
Heaven in the midst of men,
the sacred brotherhood of Earth.
Hands clasping hands, arms locked in redemption.

CAIN:
……………………

ABEL:
Brother, are you okay?
Is everything alright?


----------------Genesis 4:1-12
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.


-----The Art of Staying Alive Lyrics

Sing me a song.
 I know we've used up every dawn,
 And yet I wonder
 When the scholars find our bones
 A thousand years from now under
 All the ashes of the earth,
 Will we be together?
 The only thing I know for sure.
The plates may shift
 And slit your wrists,
 But wear your scars.
 I will follow you through the dark.
Don't be afraid.
 This is the last night of our lives.
 Buried in flames.
 So kiss me one more time tonight.
 In your darkest night
 When all is lost,
 I will be your light,
 At whatever cost.
Let the plaster flow into
 The space our bodies used
 To occupy.
 Let it be a record of
 The love that buried us alive
 Underneath the sands of time.
 A testament that even after death
 Love survives.
Exit the vein.
 Exit the lungs.
 Exit the body.
 Never the heart.

No comments: