Friday, March 29, 2013

Uriah; A Tragedy - Try Not To Cry for Me :(

Image borrowed from [myjourneyasaloverandasinglefather]




And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? – 2 Samuel 11:3

And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die. – 2 Samuel 11:14-15


-----------------/Uriah; A Tragedy


Im not going to pursue you
(sexy brunette babe) I pledge allegiance to the King
of social decorum sleeping at the kings door
my desires like serfs and peasants servants retiring for the night
(we are all one homogenous kindred spirit)
….the drudgery of due deference lighting castled candles of regrettable attraction,
furnishing meals of humiliation amongst your peers the flame of
“whos that old guy?” exasperatingly flickering in my face  -
transporting royal draught of age discrepancy enervating
wolves of insecurity howling/snickering as I hasten back to the city gate.
When I first met you it was like hope’s dawning but pragmatism is like the sun
setting on all fantasies, the ecstatic enchantment of you kissing me like dreams
exhausting; I want to lie down and never awake;
refusing to ask you out, attempt to woo you
whilst other men in their early twenties full of courage arm themselves:
scale armor of eagerness, breastplates for the smitten, a lust ogling helmet for the head.
The war raging for your heart, ongoing, in Rabbah fierce competition for your love
stalwart soldiers sieging
from a whole nation of men your age – Ammonites with razor tipped spears
aloof and misanthropic, murdering men willing to massacre for your affections
an epic sweeping chance to raze and pillage
just to win your hand in marriage, a battle which I can delay not evade. On horseback I carry
hooves of the damned, a shorn mane, scarred scalp from previous fighting
a letter of foreboding
inside it reads of suggestions of propitious suicidal self sacrifice, Joab
commander of forlornness promulgates the edict
I will give myself up in the name of younger men, the assiduous warriors of the antecedent age
In the name of Davidic civic and romantic norms
let their zeal behead me days of their birth gouge my eyes like swords
wild beasts trample over my carcass my drying blood on the surrounding dirt
the Kings letter in my limp hand acquiesced in scarlet red letters-
R****, “I am Uriah
failed paramour, with perverted affinities”

(………..King David is all yours)


[AWWWW MANNNN YALL…..I CANT LIE….WRITING THIS ALMOST MADE ME CRY. SHUCKS!!! I HATE LIKING A GIRL TOO YOUNG, A GIRL I CANT HAVE!!!! DAG NABBIT!!!!!]

-------------------2 Samuel 11:1-17
And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem. And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house. And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child. And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David. And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered. And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king. But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house. And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house? And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing. And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow. And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house. And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die. And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were. And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also.

-------Forgotten Not Forgiven Lyrics
I'm watching your eyes move slowly
Up and down my silhouette,
And I wonder if you get it yet.
This is the last time I crawl away on these broken knees,
And don't you wish it all would be okay?

“Promise me you'll forget me,”
You said as you walked away.
“Don't hold on… please… let go of me…”
You make it so hard to leave.

And I can't breathe without you here
For fear I'll catch your scent.
And we both know how bad I get.
I don't do well or dwell in change.
And don't you know that
Three small words could make this all okay?

“Promise me you'll forget me,”
You said as you walked away.
“Don't hold on… please… let go of me…”
You make it so hard to leave.

You promise me
You'll never forget me.
You promise me
You'll never forget…

“Promise me you'll forget me,”
You said as you walked away.
“Don't hold on… please… let go of me…”
You make it so hard to leave.

“You promise (YOU) me (PRO) you'll (MISE) forget (ME) me,”
You said as you walked away.
“You promise (YOU'LL) me (FOR) you’ll (GET) forget (ME) me.”


No comments: