Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jephthah's Blue Eyed Daughter, The Fate of Me and My Love?






*Dedicated to *SLewis* (her codename)
So guys you know what I HATE? The Dallas Cowboys!! Go RG3, the Prince of DC, woohoo!!! ...no but seriously, I hate it when I fall for a girly....especially a beautiful girly......only to discover our destined demise....that we cant be together....or that "it wasnt meant to be." Dont you guys hate dat too?????  Look gang, we gotta hang in there, its hard.... but one of these days....WE WILL FIND TRUE LOVE. *SNIFFLE*



-----------------/Jephthah's Blue Eyed Daughter, My Love?

Hey girl, the chosen people are in disarray
why did I meet you
If not to love you why do you have blue eyes
if not for me to gaze upon
This idea, this poison
that you and I aren’t meant to be is the King of Ammon, offensive to me
vile and set to transgress
to plunder the land of my passions for you its borders expansive
hard won from Sihon the Amorite king of my loneliness before we met, my scars,
I want to kiss, hold, marry and worship you from Arnon even unto Jabbok,
and unto Jordan. I cant let you go without a fight I must wage war, these
bellicose cravings. I have my flaws, the son of a prostitute but a man of valorous intent -
straddling a white horse of determination. steely and callous, impervious, petulant,
crazed, pernicious neighing -swearing to love you until the day he dies despite the incongruity
the age
the race
the haste of my zeal, the armed guard of dissent, naysayers to our union Ammonites  
brandishing spears with dried blood tattoos of Moloch on arms emblazoned deranged
men. Cruel men, tyrants worthy of my heart’s jealous carnage: they want me to leave you alone
Flanked by Israel’s might,
(of whom they sought out and trusted) nevertheless courageous
my desire, my prayers, my hopes, my ambition to woo you – as if grizzled soldiers
with fiery eyes – I vow that if I lose you in this battle and you walk away from me
(like so many others ravaged me before you)
I will never fall for anyone else ever again, absolutely downtrodden. Sacrificial smoke 
will rise from my depression dire and dolefully deep disconsolation
like the compassion of a father for his only daughter, 
innocent and holy (and blonde) fated to burn
Then, my dreams of us together would become nightmares, like young virgin girls,
her friends of lost innocence
bewailing the virginity of a potential romance wilted, forever ash
on the mountains of all that is regrettable



(No matter what happens, for four days in a year henceforth, remember me babe)



-------------/Judges 11:29-40

Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon. And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the Lord delivered them into his hands. And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel. And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter. And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord, and I cannot go back. And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon. And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows. And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains. And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel, That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

No comments: