Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh Kuh-OOPS!! Okay Okay! Mulberry Tree Tops and Crucifixes! U MUST READ DIS POST NOWSERS!!!






This is meant to enshrine the memory of a girl I met, though for anonymity's sake and for sake of being accused of harassment – sheesh!, I can only reveal certain elements of her identity and scant details on when I met her acquaintance! And of course, as an added mental tickle, I wont confirm or deny that my aforementioned sweetie is or isn't a concoction of my imagination! SHE WHO HAS EARS TO HEAR, LET HER HEAR! And in contrast, I would like to also write about a rush of inspiration I received about the splendor and value of icons in churches! Hows that for a crazy synthesis of disparate elements?! They actually relate because the beauty of this blonde haired- OOPS! Babe and the sacredness of icons both bring me to silence – obviously the latter being more sacrosanct! OKAY, SO HERE WE GOOOOOOO! (The Joker's voice in The Dark Knight)


-------------/The Tops Of Mulberry Trees- *a*i*, All I Need Is To Hear Your Voice



I lost track of my heart once,
wandering aimlessly, as though
in the Valley of Rephaim: melancholy musings
and Geba is your romantic fate with some dopey man
and Gezer is me old, wrinkled and gray filled with remorse
somber soliloquies softly spoken
sleeping as sinister
dreams overtook me, and we both know
presently,
that no one ever wants to end up alone
(or is destined to be alone)
there must be some other option than being barren
and walking around wishing someone would
kiss me
tumbleweeds were trenchant tokens of truculent terror
of the trembling thought
often intercepting my path
that you would never love me, or fight to remove
the barriers that stand between us
your beliefs
your friends
your presumptions of who I am, yet
I know you can speak to the rush of euphoria
the rapture and the ecstasy when I looked at you
directly in your eyes
just the other day – and you blushed, and you smiled;
the wind was a bit more forceful, obtrusive down here
when I wasnt sure of how to pull myself together
at the prospect of you simply walking away.....
(abandoning all hope of knowing the profound awe I had for you)
or surmount the seemingly impenetrable forces of
my Philistine doubt;
to this end I wanted to attempt one last conquest
that I knew I had no chance of winning – because I don't have your email-
you didn't even give me a chance to get to know you more fully
before I languished and decided to move on
to a lesser girl,
because no one will ever exceed your greatness,
but before I lifted my sword of defiance I heard my conscience cry
"You shall not go up"
and baby, your smile and your hospitality towards me
is a mulberry tree
to which I decided to flee
and wait for the sound of your laughter again
pure angelic inflection, rousing
like the sound of soldiers full of valor marching
down from heaven stopping just above my head-
like when I first heard it on top of the white hill*
steep
on a day that will be recounted as my fairest day,
when I die – buried next to you
anyway; somehow,
armed with these words of encouragement and
your beautiful face on my mind;
I advanced quickly
striking down the camp of the Philistines
fearlessly
not afraid to pray about our future marriage
or impending group events finding you sitting right next to me;
and drove my doubt back as far as the cursed thoughts
I was afflicted with before I fell in love with you
madly
passionately
obsessively
meticulously
and
before you found
before you rescued my heart

-----------------/
2 Samuel 5:22-25
Then the Philistines went up once again and deployed themselves in the Valley of Rephaim. Therefore David inquired of the LORD, and He said, "You shall not go up; circle around behind them, and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees. And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall advance quickly. For then the LORD will go out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines." And David did so, as the LORD commanded him; and he drove back the Philistines from Geba as far as Gezer.


* dedicated to Jesus on the Crucifix, in the Church

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

-----------------/ Crucifix - Crucified Forever Remembered


I wasn't amongst the crowd
when the harrowing sounds of whips
scarring your back
pierced heaven's ears
nor do I know if you even voiced screams
already too pained by the excoriation
of children expelling a father
a wife driving out her husband
a nation
rejecting its king – rejoicing to trod on pools
of sacred blood trailing you, pouring
and I didn't have the honor
to be nailed beside you staring into the eyes
of an exemplar of virtue
observing the model of holy suffering
as spit slid down your cheeks -
lacerations flanking your thorned crown
I didn't get a chance to experience the
glacial wind torrent
that swept over the soldiers casting lots
for clothing so valuable the wearer
would never again have a blemish
frigid enough to coerce a guilty plea – truly this man
was the Son of God
from a man accustomed to reveling in callousness
and I didn’t cry, because I know I would have
when Your Mother Cried
or fein farcical attempts at consoling her -
which would be an impossibility
because a sword pierced Her Soul too
I only have these thoughts and fanciful reenactments
projections from my mind
to assist the grimaced look on your face
as you hang from the church wall
and I try to remember everything you did
just to get me here




------------------------/
Exodus 25:18–20
And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be"

Ezekiel 41:18-20
And it was made with cherubim and palm trees, a palm tree between cherub and cherub. Each cherub had two faces, so that the face of a man was toward a palm tree on one side, and the face of a young lion toward a palm tree on the other side; thus it was made throughout the temple all around. From the floor to the space above the door, and on the wall of the sanctuary, cherubim and palm trees were carved

No comments: