Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mary's Pregnant ; So Are We All


Luke 1:30-33----------------
But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

/////////////////////////
(The thoughts of Mary before giving birth)



I am pregnant with hope
expectation of a dawn peaking above the mountains
of the ceasing of nightmares
the ceasing of groans
the death of finitude
yet I dont know the Father, just that
He lives inside of me like a rush of a gentle breeze
and the roar of lion but sweet like a lamb
kicking in the womb
when I put my hands to my stomach I feel
solemnity
the world is changing; God is throwing away rulers
and raising the humble on their thrones
their memory nothing but ashes left as footprints
by the feet of their successors
and the lowly kneel but are exalted
and the proud stand but are subjugated by force
to serve

And I look at the stars and ponder these things
treasures in my heart
this cursed existence - hatred pervading
sickness covering Israel like a blanket
..broken hearts in search of love
rejected still, demon possessed....
we are all comfortless
and inconsolable

The day is coming
when all generations will call me Blessed
yet my prayer is that the Son I succor will not tarry
and the breasts that nurse him will not
lack necessary milk
the world is dying, and in need of change
we need a man willing to stand for truth and speak it
to promote love then prove it
to take a fallen world and save it



[Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.] Isaiah 42:1


* dedicated to the March for Life
* dedicated to my father
* dedicated to Jesus Christ, my Lord, my God and my King 1/22/09 12:54AM

No comments: