Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Whale Diaries


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Jonah, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamJonah

+-----The Whale Diaries; Jonah's Thoughts For 3 Days and 3 Nights

                   Assyrians acutely disgust me.
Enter the psyche of savages: tariffs
unjust, exploitation brazen. Poor families
slouched on the bloody roadside
as charioteers drunk careen towards
the King’s orgiastic palace; There sonorous
cries of a child brimming with life, smoke-
silenced abruptly by altar-fire. A stench
abhorrent. An offer. To gods who are not
gods at all. But such was Adam (sin's
juice gushing down his chin), Cain,
David with adultery's stain.
We all deserve second chances, I realize
now belly-bound in a whale. And I cant
run anymore. I must go preach to Nineveh.


------Jonah 2:7-10
“When my life was ebbing away,
    I remembered you, Lord,
and my prayer rose to you,
    to your holy temple.
“Those who cling to worthless idols
    turn away from God’s love for them.
But I, with shouts of grateful praise,
    will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
    I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’”
And the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

No comments: