Saturday, March 31, 2018

So This Is Dying




* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Luke, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #GoodFriday

+-----So This Is Dying: The Death Of God; Jesus' Last Thoughts On The Cross 

Last night, above
condescending rancor
of soldiers outside guarding
my dank, musty cell- Lot
hunkered inside his house in
Sodom - the crying of wolves. Their
howls apocalyptic, as if fire was
falling on them from the sky. And now
I swear this darkness enveloping,
the clouds charred, the crowds' jeers,
feels like God's wrath, like smoke
billowing from Hephaestus's forge that
birthed the knife for Brutus to kill
Julius Caesar. As well these nails
in my hand bleeding. Burning. My whole
body hurts. My soul is dying, I know.   

------Luke 23:44-49
It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.” When all the people who had gathered to witness this sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away. But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.

No comments: