Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Keys To The Kingdom


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* David, Samuel pray for me
* Saints pray for me
* Dedicated to #IamJonathan

+--------Keys To The Kingdom; Jonathan's Oath To David
I see what the rest of Israel
cant…my father trammeled,
convulsing at night, a wolf
blinded in the wilderness,
embattled, in sweat’s desperation
seeking the moon’s orientation
to howl helplessness. I know Philistine
power muted behind castle walls,
philistine angst; fate-whispers of
eunuchs of the inevitability of Hebrew
blood on battlefields from pagan
outmaneuvering. Yet I know
prophecies of Abraham, Sarah…
Israel glorious, her Kings resplendent
forever. Eden restored. Ive seen
you in dreams, David. Take my coat,
sword, tunic, bow, belt. Its better for
all of us if the crown is yours.  

------1 Samuel 18:1-5
David finished talking to Saul. After that, Jonathan became David’s closest friend. He loved David as much as he loved himself.  (From that day on Saul kept David as his servant and didn’t let him go back to his family.) So Jonathan made a pledge of mutual loyalty with David because he loved him as much as he loved himself. Jonathan took off the coat he had on and gave it to David along with his battle tunic, his sword, his bow, and his belt. David was successful wherever Saul sent him. Saul put him in charge of the fighting men. This pleased all the people, including Saul’s officials.

No comments: