Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Poetry Of Pisgah #IamOldMoses


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Moses pray for me
* Saints pray for me
* Dedicated to #IamMosesonPisgah #IamOldMoses

+-------- "The Poetry Of Pisgah; Moses' Thoughts Overlooking The Promised Land Before His Death

When I was born I glanced at the darkened
sky, I beheld beauty from a basket
of woven papyrus, drifting down
a bloody Hebrew’s Nile - an antelope
fawn hunted- but bathed in innocence
of stars for the first time. I swore
I saw angels smiling. And by now I’ve
fought wars, traded fathers:
a god for a God, Pharaoh for Yahweh, a
Sphinx for wandering sands, not stopping
to make sense of it all. But now I understand.
God snatches us at birth, grabs
our hand through affliction...
to lead our hearts back Home to Freedom.

------Deuteronomy 34:1-5
And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto the mountain of Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho. And the Lord shewed him all the land of Gilead, unto Dan,
And all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim, and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah, unto the utmost sea, And the south, and the plain of the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, unto Zoar. And the Lord said unto him, This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither. So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord.

No comments: