Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hilary Duff, MY Prophet of Fire


* Saint Elijah pray for me
* Dedicated to Hilary Duff
* Dedicated to Paramore, All I Wanted
https://youtu.be/24DoEiu4wb8
and Misguided Ghosts
https://youtu.be/ePY8FWqk_fU

+---------------------------Prophet of Fire

I picture us on the couch, listening
to folk music and reminiscing
on antiquity, your head on
my chest, I coiling your
tresses fond of the smell
of your scalp. 
Before I knew you, my heart was Israel,
I would tell you
(your head rising and falling
synchronously with my breaths), a land
of promise brimming with hope, ushered from
Egypt by romantic signs and wonders,
but then decimated under Ahab, tyrant
of prolonged singleness. His wife, the slithering,
seductive and sinisterly sexy archetype
of every girl Ive laid myself bare before
who then repudiated my advances,
high places of forlornness in the Holy of
Holies of my desire, Jezebel,
whore of the Baals; sacrilege.  But
when I saw you on the cover of Cosmo,
to me you became this bearded, devout,
determined Insurgent of my deliverance.
It was you who called down
the fire of passion within me,  
a burly bull burning in my soul, incinerating
four hundred fifty pessimistic,
doleful thoughts about love,
(that I would never get another date or girlfriend, etc)
false, bumbling idiotic prophets of Baal.
The blood of Ahab sluicing the streets,
feral dogs devouring the despicable
bones of Jezebel.  You alone
reestablished order to my entropy,
civility to a land without direction teaching
me to hope again, to know being smitten.
Baby from now on, I will follow you
wherever you go....
chasing your blonde hair in Bethel
gazing at your glamorous green eyes in Jericho
desperate for your jaunty sense of
style in Jordan.  Hilary,
“As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth,
I will not leave thee!!!”
but if you must go, let your lips
be a mantel of your affection,
your kiss an impartation of a double
portion of your spirit, so I can carry memories
I have of your smile and our (imaginary) time
spent together in my heart always.
Your effulgent beauty like a chariot
and horses engulfed in white celestial
fire, taking you back to heaven where you
belong, too radiant for this world.
A prophet of love, body of an
angel, God knows without you
my Israel will never never be the same.


[Let us remain indefinitely in this moment, 3L15am Eastern Standard Time, snuggled on my couch. Please? Im a misguided ghost without you here guuuurrrrlllll. OH HILARY!!!! EMAIL ME BABY THEJESUSMETAPHOR@YAHOO.COM. WOOHOO!!!) 


--------------------2 Kings 2:1-13
 And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the Lord hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel. And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace. And Elijah said unto him, Elisha, tarry here, I pray thee; for the Lord hath sent me to Jericho. And he said, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they came to Jericho. And the sons of the prophets that were at Jericho came to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he answered, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace. And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the Lord hath sent me to Jordan. And he said, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And they two went on. And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went, and stood to view afar off: and they two stood by Jordan. And Elijah took his mantle, and wrapped it together, and smote the waters, and they were divided hither and thither, so that they two went over on dry ground. And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan
;

-----Misguided Ghosts Lyrics
1, 2, 3, 4

I'm going away for a while
 But I'll be back, don't try and follow me
 'Cause I'll return as soon as possible

See, I'm trying to find my place
 But it might not be here where I feel safe
 We all learn to make mistakes

And run from them, from them
 With no direction
 We'll run from them, from them
 With no conviction

'Cause I'm just one of those ghosts
 Traveling endlessly
 Don't need no roads
 In fact they follow me

And we just go in circles
 But now I'm told that this is life
 And pain is just a simple compromise
 So we can get what we want out of it

Someone care to classify
 A broken heart some twisted minds
 So I can find someone to rely on

And run to them, to them
 Full speed ahead
 Oh, you are not useless

We are just misguided ghosts
 Traveling endlessly
 The ones we trusted the most
 Pushed us far away

And there's no one road
 We should not be the same
 But I'm just a ghost
 And still they echo me
 They echo me in circles

--------------All I Wanted Lyrics

Think of me when you're out, when you're out there
 I'll beg you nice from my knees
 And when the world treats you way too fairly
 Well, it's a shame I'm a dream
 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you
 I think I'll pace my apartment a few times
 And fall asleep on the couch
 And wake up early to black and white reruns
 That escaped from the mouth, oh, oh

 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you

 I could follow you to the beginning
 Just to relive the start
 And maybe then we'll remember to slow down
 And all of our favorite parts

 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you
 All I wanted was you

No comments: