Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Grapes of Kate Upton


* dedicated to Kate Upton (O Kate!!! With me wont you date? That would be so great!!!)
* dedicated to Moving Mountains, 8105
http://youtu.be/M6J5uL4EQ0o

+-------------------/The Grapes of Kate

Kate, when I ruminate on the girls
in my life right now, it feels as if all 
the wine is gone.  But you are six
stone jars pregnant
(to the brim)
with twenty to thirty gallons of purified
beauty as water,
the effluence of romantic intoxication,
sweet as the most savory grapes grown
on a vine at rainbow’s edge-
trodden by angel’s foot, aged to ambrosial perfection
and poured before all the guests
of my admiration for you.
And this void in my heart is
a wedding amongst the reeds in Cana
of Galilee, all in attendance eagerly awaiting
a blonde haired blue eyed Savior
to keep love alive,
child of God in flesh incarnated to heal my pain
and save me
from the hell of 15 years of singleness. (A girl
heralded and sought after long ago
by three wise men of my most rapacious
desire for Sports Illustrated.) 
You see, at this point in my life,
I thirst not for the bland,
not for a woman cognate with my dating cynicism,
but after the years have passed
and everyone has had too much to drink
I still hold out hope for the best,
for a smile like the celestial chorus of an ocean’s
sunrise.
I want to cup my hands under your chin,
and drink your kiss
like the choicest wine miraculously transformed,
and
saved for a time such as this.






[When my entire being screams “Do whatever she tells you”]

----------John 2:1-11
On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.” “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.” They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.


-----8105 Lyrics
(and we will fall back into the ocean)

the mountain tops are hard to see
they tell how far you really are from me
the clouds are thick but they can't hide you
they can't hide you from me
some things are here to kill me
can you feel it now,
we're burning up
amongst your flames
amongst your love
our life (i am in the earth it’s where you’ll find me
you, you’re in the sky
it’s where you’ll find me)

you, you're like the sun
and i am earth
together we're one
but someday
your fire will die
and i'll grow cold
without sunlight.
and i will freeze baby
i will die
i would freeze and i'd die for you

one thing I know you didn’t know was how to
fall head first,
hand-in-hand into the ocean blue
we count down,
take a breath and jump,
we're falling
you'll scream, "baby, we're simply growing"
(you're in the sky)
i think maybe, i wouldn't mind to die like this

i may not say everything that's on my mind
i am in the earth, it's where you'll find me
you're in the sky
fall from you

don't fret, baby, we're simply growing
and my darling, i wouldn't mind to die like this
don't fret, baby, we're simply growing.
don't fret, babe, the sun is coming

No comments: