Monday, July 22, 2013

I WAS SAVED BY AN 18 YEAR OLD RAVEN YALL!!!!!




* RB4 - AND NO I AINT TALKING BOUT THE BALTIMORE RAVENS NOR NO RUNNIN' BACK!!!!


--------------/Saved by a (18 year old) Raven

I don’t know now how I can live without you,
being single these past 14 years like acute pangs of hunger,
my only comfort is your circling above me
observing my need, spreading your wings.
The Israel I once knew, fantasies and ideals of romance,
innocence, vulnerability, purity
instilled in me from my Solomonic childhood naivete
has been marauded:
rejection of me and spurning, by Jennifer, Kina, Barbara, Anne, Jane
like savage soldiers of Ahab scouring the land
tracing blood of all those who decry the idolatry of man-eaters.
Like Baal, women who break men’s hearts
Like Asherah girls who callously flirt, feigned sinister smiles. My soul corrupt,
you divided my kingdom of hope with restless nights
the conflict and anguish of feeling unloved and unlovable,
this thirst of not knowing who I really am.
I speak imprecation over my past like a parched land
there shall not be dew nor rain, until my soul learns to love again.

And that’s where I met you,
that meeting at Christlife a soothing stream, harmonious current
rushing over rock. Your eyes like the bank of a river,
so enchanting and so charming I called them Cherith, waters of refreshing
soothing the soul.
And whenever I think of your face, its like Im not hungry
your beauty like timely bread to me, fed from a beak.


----------------1 Kings 17:1-6

And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word. And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there. So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.

No comments: