Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Raven Symone, Rephidim Is Ours Forever




* dedicated to Raven Symone – wit yo fine self!


----------/Raven Symone, Rephidim Is Ours Forever, I Promise With Hands Held High


My heart, my undying love for you is Israel
defended by Joshua, my self esteem
with the sword of intrepid affection
and I am Moses, its prefect, and most affected by it
most worried that an ill fate will befall it as I wait for its ultimate
fulfillment of promise and consummation in your arms, Raven

And Amalek is my worst fear, approaching loneliness
from your defection (to another man who cant love you like
I know I can love you, baby) fortified with serrated blades
(of dejection, of jealousy, of acrimonious squalls with all my friends
for no other reason than my overbearing prolonged malcontent
replete with sobs that punctuate your absence)
and fine tipped arrows (of insecurity) stained
with dried blood from other conquests -from other girls who dismissively
rolled their eyes or ignored me-
which left me heartbroken, disconsolate. And the brigade is
charging toward Rephidim to boot, the place in my life where
I finally found contentment knowing I fell for a good woman
a noble woman with a beautiful smile (and lips for kissing)
and a great sense of humor....[THAT'S SO RAVEN]
but in my fragility and vulnerability and fear of failure
I cant bear to watch anymore catastrophe….
scurrying wide-eyed to the top of the hill
of romantic hope
of belief that a man so devoted to a woman
shall never, can never be disappointed

The only weapon in my arsenal is an obstinate disposition
that wryly smiles in the face of insurmountable odds
which I hold in my hand as the rod of my God
who smiles on lovers in distress
high when I am encouraged
and Joshua wards off my fears and prevails upon
those nightmares of you spurning me
and against my side when I am overwhelmed by doubt
and Joshua retreats and you are one step closer to walking away
but I swear I love you so much that my devotion to you is Aaron
and my desire for you is Hur
tirelessly, passionately
holding my hands up in victory through those times I am fatigued
losing patience, and losing faith
in the direst moments they place a rock of trust underneath me
that assures me you will love me as I have always loved you
holding my hands as steady as Joshua's battle stratagems
until the sun sets on all those pernicious forces that try to set us apart
strewn across the desert plain powerless to hurt anymore
and the miasma I feel when I cant hold your hands next to mine
vanishes; as I close my eyes and promise you:
no one who opposes us
will leave Rephidim alive

(struck down by the edge of the sword of our caresses)


(I LOVE YOU RAVEN SYMONE BABY..... YOU SO SEXY, YOU SO SWEET, YOU MY BOO!!! OH BABY COME AND LOVE ME- LEAVE A COMMENT ON MY BLOG AND DATE ME!!!)





-------Exodus 17:8-13
Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim. And Moses said to Joshua, "Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand." So Joshua did as Moses said to him, and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.

No comments: