Friday, January 21, 2011

Never Forgetting You - EVER




* dedicated to ****, this t-OH-OH-OH-tally hot girl at my old highschool: ELEANOR ROOSEVELT HIGH SCHOOL IN GREENBELT MARYLAND - GO RAIDERS! GO! I dont have the guts to tell her this in person, so I gotta be a digital gangsta, a studio internet thug and write a BLOG POST ABOUT HER. HEY LOOK YALL - CAN I PLEASE GET MY HEBREWS ON???? i mean shoot, Im almost 30 - CANT A GROWN MAN DO WHAT HE WANT TO DO?????? GUESS WHO? cuz I'll never tell....ooo nah nah WHATS HER NAME...OOO NAH NAH WHATS HER NAME???!!! :)



---------/Never Forgetting You


When we first met in highschool
knowing you was like hazy law written on stone tablets
muddled by the sight of hideous untoward Egyptian task masters
of superficiality and shallowness;
the sound of whips cracking against my calves
suffocating heat from all my toxic relationships
with girlfriends who left me for dead
under the Pharaoh of the wayward desires of chasing men
(with violence urging me to imitate their walk lest I be deserted)
who were mean spirited and gruff
and would treat them much worse than I ever could have
I walked on begrudging desert sands of resentment
for forty years it seemed (it was really just ten)
indifferent to you, or the Mount Moriah of your attractiveness and spunk
I never noticed you because I made a Golden Calf
of falling for the wrong type
divine guidance lead me by the hand out of my captivity to you
but I was too obtuse to render my obedience
to the covenant of the potential chemistry
between us
But now, I have obtained a more excellent awareness of you
Spiritually
and unlike the previous covenant
my newfound devotion, my ministry of love for you is established
on better promises,
not on fleeting rock slabs of fickle emotion prone to decay
but lasting commitment and intensity for your kiss all over my face
for now, the contours of your face are written all over my mind
indelibly
the sexy sound of your voice and your sexy smile
(so well traveled, so toned, so exotic!)
etched liberally on my heart forever
and indubitably, no one will utter henceforth "who does Tony want?" anymore:
from the least to the greatest all of Eleanor Roosevelt students
will know the love I have for you, baby
my past sins, my past ignorance, my past lack of awe
please remember them no more
and esteem them as obsolete
the days of me looking at your Facebook page and not drooling
are growing old, ready to vanish away


(if I text you, dont deny me a dinner date babes! Aww heck who am I kidding? I may never tell you any of this in person because Im too CHICKEN!!!! But oh well, thats the beauty of getting my Taylor Swift on - I can write about love and FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT!)



----------------------------------/Hebrews 8:6-13
But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." In that He says, "A new covenant, " He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

No comments: