Monday, August 25, 2008

This is life, this is His Death, this is my life


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will" (Eph. 1:3-5)
--------------------------




27 years ago
My physician held me and peered into my eyes
with a jaded yet inquisitive disposition...
he had done this before
many times
yet to him each human life was a rolling of dice.
What would I be? He wondered
Will he die early, will he die old in peace and wealthy?
Or in jail a menace to society?
I greeted my world with a piercing scream
Vulnerable and indistinct
Uncertain

In heaven, surrounded by angels and clouds of thick smoke
and the sound of sonic thunder
God sat on His throne and told the 24 elders seated around Him
"He is one of mine. He will live for Us"
The scar in His side was sung as a hymn by the stars
above Childrens Hospital in Washington, DC Feb. 12, 1981
And from that moment forth His loved has guided me
Propelled me
Compelled me and
comforted me In nights darker and winds colder
than I had yet to experience
And His Arms have defined sanity and reality
(have become my standards, my constants)
No matter the worlds difference
Ever since

Jesus is my solace when people spit on me
my confidence when women reject me
my humor in the face of disdain
My strength in tears fomented by those stronger than me
I need Him more than anyone else
I would be faceless, nameless
He is my identity My Great Physician
with a heart more tender than any earthly doctor
Without Him I would be just a baby screaming
Randomly
And for 27 years left on his own
with no hope

(You didn't want my life to be hopeless did you?)

1 comment:

tourniquet said...

I like this dude. Gods got good things for your life. You're a talented good Christian fellow and rest and be confident in Gods goodness for your life! peace my brother

-Tim