Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sarah (with Dirty Blonde Hair) Dies Tonight


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqvjD7Kxs4
* dedicated to Augustana "Boston"


* dedicated to the beautiful girl with the dirty blonde hair, blue blouse and jean skirt tonight at the Recher Theater in Towson. Your memory will forever be emblazoned upon my heart. I didnt have the courage tonight to speak to you, (to tell you that our paths were destined to intertwine before the world began) and it saddens me to no end. When we met eyes I dreamed we had a life together that jointly realized the promise of God - we were like Abraham and Sarah in the span of just a few seconds. But after leaving Recher at the close of the Kill Hannah concert, I realized our departure was final...and that my hopes of us together died. God, you were so beautiful; now I will never know what could have materialized between us....like Abraham for this I weep.

If you ever read this, whoever you are, know that those few seconds we looked at each other were to me three eternities worth of euphoria. Your spirit shined a light into my heart and showed me the path of true happiness. I wish I could meet you again. I wish you'd come back...somehow...

Your eyes are a lifetime, your absence is death and sudden weeping.
------------------
Genesis 23:1-2
Sarah lived to be a hundred and twenty-seven years old. She died at Kiriath Arba (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan, and Abraham went to mourn for Sarah and to weep over her.

-------------------------------------------


.....Tonight.....
You were like Sarah to me
when I first met your eyes it made me want to leave
Ur and go to Canaan
leave Towson and to go to be wherever you are
just the thought of you makes me into a great nation
and blesses me;
It makes my name great,
a blessing (to all nations)
and your beauty inspires me in my loneliness
in the darkness of the Recher concert hall
with my heart beating and crying for someone to console it
like the hand of God preserving me from hot desert winds
and
saving me from the hand of Pharaoh in Egypt
(Abimelech not long after)

And my leaving you tonight with your three friends
dancing by yourselves
and not speaking to you
not asking for your phone number
rendering you forever nameless
forever without personality
was my transgression
It was my sleeping with Hagar and bearing a child
of resentment
who will forever wreak Havoc on my soul
I wish I could have held your hand
I wish I could have hugged you
and put your phone number in my sidekick lx
but my missed opportunity will henceforth be called Ishmael
a wild and pugnacious child

Let this poem tonight be like three men
heralding a message of hope
We will have child
we will have descendants as numerous as the sand
but that is just my dream
..........in reality this poem is as close as Ill get to Isaac and you to Sarah in old age
I will go to sleep and you will die like Sarah when I wake up
and I will still be weeping



[God, please spare me from any more missed opportunities, Selah]

No comments: