Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Flight Into Egypt; Joseph's Thoughts While Running From Herod


* Spirit of Jesus pray for me
* Matthew, Joseph, Mary Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to Jesus Christ
#IamJoseph

+------The Flight Into Egypt; Joseph's Thoughts While Running From Herod

“Joseph, Im scared…”
Our fingers interlocking, tightly
clenched in shared anger at
Herod - Adam and Eve’s journey
from Eden into oblivion’s dark - 
Im afraid to admit to Mary that
Im unsettled likewise. When I was
a boy, days before Passover, the
women at Synagogue’d marvel at
Moses divinely spared from Pharaoh’s
mass slaughter of Hebrew babies. 
How Jeremiah perished in Egypt too.
My heart like an eagle,
soaring above, surveilling the moon’s
path ahead of us…The first thing
I’ll teach Jesus, God willing: Youre
not a man, fully, until 
you face the worst of your fears.

------Matthew 2:13-15
Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.” When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, “Out of Egypt I called My Son.”

No comments: