Thursday, December 6, 2018

Face Like Flint


* Spirit of Jesus pray for me
* Isaiah, Luke, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to Jesus Christ

+------Face Like Flint; Jesus' Thoughts As He Prepared For His Death In Jerusalem

I’ll never forget their
faces disfigured in Eden,
both the angels’ (spinning
swords flaming) and
Adam and Eve’s…trekking
East. I sent my whispers,
in winds ensconced,
at their backs, now
clothed - stitched skin of
animals as tokens of innocence
lost; their garments imbued
with faint echoes of sacrificial
lions howling anguished for
first time- “I promise, I’ll bring
you back here.” I look at
 Jerusalem. I see scars from
whips, betrayal. I see my grave. 

------Isaiah 50:6-7; Luke 9:51
I offered my back to those who beat me,
    my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard;
I did not hide my face
    from mocking and spitting.
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
    I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
    and I know I will not be put to shame;
As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.

No comments: