Saturday, September 22, 2018

Moses Is Dead


* Spirit of Jesus pray for me
* Joshua, Moses Apostles, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamJoshua

+------Moses Is Dead; Joshua's  Thoughts Standing Before The Jordan River, Eyes Closed

With the Cloud’s descent
onto Sinai, in the intermittent
darkness between flashes
of lightning scattered….I first
felt them: soul spasms.
Hallucinatory catalysts.
I saw then, this moment
imminent – Moses
translated as God, me as
Moses. But alone- the unknown
like a Golden Calf with razor
sharp horns awaiting me below.
I try and muse on all (the
commandments, aphorisms,
victories/failures) he taught me; I
recall the stare of Pharaoh
on the Red Sea’s opposite
shore: part stupefaction, part
delusion, part terror. And now
the Day, the Jordan River, I long
ago buried as a boy arises.
Its my turn to lead The Chosen
people. God please help. Help
us get to Canaan. Don’t let me
run back to Egypt, afraid.

------Joshua 1:2
Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them--to the Israelites.

No comments: