Monday, August 20, 2018

Bread For Hope


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Elijah, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamtheRaven

+------Bread For Hope; The Thoughts Of The Raven That Brought  Bread To Elijah

When I was a fledgling
in the nest, I recall over-
hearing my ancestors’ lore,
postdiluvian. How a righteous
man saved us from the
rain’s tyranny; the sky 40 days
void – the black storm clouds
marauding both sun and moon.
Blaring peals of thunder briefly
muting gargling, screaming of men,
beasts drowning. They say it
was a white raven, no dove,
that gave Noah the olive branch
(hope) as the rainbow appeared.
And now, innumerable years later,
another righteous man’s joy waning.
It is a cherished honor to hunt; To
drop bread, meat in the ravine
as food for Elijah. To return the favor. 


------1 Kings 17:2-6
Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: “Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.” So he did what the Lord had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.

No comments: