Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Ready When You Come


* Spirit of Jesus pray for me
* David, Samuel, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamBathsheba

+------Ready When You Come; Bathsheba's Words To Uriah While Washing On Her Roof 

And when youre away….
every day a summer solstice,
my heart an owl forever staring
at the midnight sun
praying to it’s moon. My mourning
body yearning for seasons,
for cycles of change, my
menstrual blood, mercurial,
streaming like tears from
my soul staining my clothes.
So whenever kings go to war…
I feel the most unclean, I feel
an unremitting need to wash,
wash, wash; my grief, my loneliness.
A bath, a ceremony, to be ritually
pure when you come back home.  

-----2 Samuel 11:2
David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.

No comments: