Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A King, Suicidal


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Samuel, David pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamSaul

+------A King, Suicidal; Saul's Plea To The Witch At Endor 

No deposed King’s garrison can
guard against grave guilt, no
lecherous pagan despot from
an adjacent newly acquired land
scarred in a losing battle, bleeding,
pleading for his life, ceding
control of his kingdom's opulence
can comfort. No new queen, no new
harlot, new womb with new boy, girl
can assuage my fears, dispel
hauntings nightly – white phantoms
with red eyes whispering like soul-
shrieks “Saul…we know, we know
you.” Please…God’s forsaking too
much to bear: Witch! beseech
me help from the other side. Let
the dead counsel the dead...please.

------1 Samuel 28:7-11
Saul then said to his attendants, “Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her.” “There is one in Endor,” they said. So Saul disguised himself, putting on other clothes, and at night he and two men went to the woman. “Consult a spirit for me,” he said, “and bring up for me the one I name.” But the woman said to him, “Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?” Saul swore to her by the Lord, “As surely as the Lord lives, you will not be punished for this.” Then the woman asked, “Whom shall I bring up for you?”
“Bring up Samuel,” he said.

No comments: