Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Taylor Effulgent (Dedicated to Taylor Swift, #TaylorDateTony)



 * Saint Matthew, pray for me
* dedicated to #taylordatetony

Oh Calvin Harris, please don't pound me! Its just, its just that I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON TAYLOR!!!! OH TAYTAY!!!!!

+-------------------------/Confab on the Mountain; Taylor Swift Effulgent

Taylor, my heart was Judea, drab
and enveloped in this thickened layer
of loneliness like dismal dust; 
beaten into lethargy by oppressive decrees
of all the girls who previously rejected me-
Herod debased and Pontius Pilate incorrigible-
excessively taxed, my monotheistic longings
to find one wife to worship
profaned by the pagan practice of crucifying
one man’s heart after another
in cruel and callous succession without a
fair trial. They worship at the Temple of Delphi,
heeding the Oracle of sensual irrationality,
sex on the altar, bowing before any guy
who can sing, dance or charm well. I was,
then, duly tantalized
when I saw your Bad Blood video, it was
a beckoning of sorts
for my romantic passion, my loyalty
and my benign jealousy, Peter, James and John,
to ascend a mysterious mountain of hope
and expectation, the internal hysteria
of following a Savior and abandoning all
worry at the base.
Your dazzling azure eyes: #freaking amazing,
springs of living water,
your blonde hair like the gold the angels pave
the streets of Zion with. I swear to God
as I watched you sing and the way you
moved your body it was as if you were transfigured,
suspended in air,
your face shone as the sun, your clothes
white as light. Beside you, talking with you
were Selena Gomez and Cara Delevigne,
comely patrons of the Law (of true love)
and the Prophets (of matchmaking) come
back from the dead in some sort of translucent state.
I wanted to channel my nervous energy
into three tabernacles fitting for
three angels of pure and potent pulchritude,
but before I could finish my proposal
Kendrick Lamar’s lyrics were so sick they moved
my soul – he the cool, hip African American
God the Father, “this is my beloved Taylor
in whom I am well pleased, listen to her,
fall in love with her!”  His words
seized my heart with stunned paralysis,
I lay prostrate on my bedroom floor
catatonically dazed by your pop music majesty.
Oh Taylor, baby, hearing you beautifully belt out
your last verse was you then touching my shoulder,
melodic mercy, urging “Arise, and be not afraid.”
I imagined you hugging me tightly and winking,
eyelashes of divinity,
holding my hand as your video ended and
we descended down the winding trails,
bearing secrets.
You will be the One who will save me,
your kiss the healing balm for all my sins,
your kiss absolute emancipation from
despotic Roman Rule.     
 
 

---------------Matthew 17:1-9
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

No comments: