Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Beautiful African Deluge: OH LUPITA!!!!!



* dedicated to Lupita Nyong’o

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.


----------------/My Beautiful African Deluge

This forlorn loneliness is like dry dust of a wicked earth,
brittle cracking ground.
The litany of girls who rejected my advances before harangue me to no end
countrymen crude and crass- jeering, mocking
my entertaining ideas of requited affections, of girls who like me back,
and that I would build an Ark of Dreaming out of gopherwood
preoccupied with love: to them a notion inconceivable like rain.
But Lupita, baby, when I saw you win your Oscar,
that celestial smile beaming, that fetching speech so melodic,
like an angel from Eden celebrated amongst his heavenly peers
its like I heard the voice of God within so comforting–
soon all my pain would be washed away….
(like in my dreams). I didn’t care, then, about disparagement
from my wicked neighbors; only that I safeguard my hopes
from the mass slaughter to come. Two by two, a male with his female
archetype for our shared passion,
I led my devotion to you, my fondness for you
my zeal for us together – divers animals, birds and creeping things
of every kind
to the boat of my wildest fantasies built long ago
three hundred by fifty cubits, three decks deep of longing
with especially you in mind.
Oh Lupita your beauty is like the windows of heaven opened
waters gushing forth from the deep.
Let our romance be like 40 days and 40 nights of a persistent
incessant flooding,
all the old ways, all the old pains-
like regrettable people created then later wiped away,
expunged from memory. All women who hurt my heart,
may you stick your hands out for help
as my kisses for Lupita are tantamount to a downpour for you;
like drowning to you;
your lifeless bodies floating away,
the ship sealed, my new love life sailing towards Mount Ararat.
When I look into her eyes,
I see the promise of my better tomorrow,
Lupita Nyong’o,  polychromatic rainbow of my world reconstituted.


[LUPITA!!!! HOLLA AT YOUR BOY!!! THEJESUSMETAPHOR@YAHOO.COM. LET US DATE!!! AND THEN REPOPULATE THE WORLD!!!....WITH THOUGHTS OF LOVE AND JOY AND PEACE OF COURSE!!! :) ]



----------Genesis 6:13-22
And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.  Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.  And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.  You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.  And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.  But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.  And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.  Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive.  And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, and you shall gather it to yourself; and it shall be food for you and for them.”
Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did.

No comments: