Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Garden Of You and Me Not Together, Never Together (You Damned Sexy Girl of Perdition)



[How could you smile at me the other day? It felt like a burning kiss]
--------/The Garden

Those teeth of yours, like torches
(your chipper mood-
pretty little fingers dangerously close to charring wood.)
They lit up my dark night (of soul), molars like flames
of feminine passion stirring me from monotony
in the Garden of my loneliness praying away impending gloom.  
I know youre getting married soon,
7 inch thorns braided into a crown of mockery, blood pouring
as memories of us speaking to one another, blurred lines
of my heart’s sight await; Your wedding –
a macabre Roman style crucifixion of me being happy.   
But what is with the cruel swords and clubs ?
widespread social acceptance by our friends cutting,
a sudden savage stab, slit of blade,  
the blunt stoic delivery of this news to me barbaric,
bludgeoning my already bruised self-esteem.   
Dare you, then, kiss me with a smile?
You tell your friends Im just "Rabbi" to you
belying our intimacy with formality, your duplicative generic bud.  
DON’T THEY KNOW WE WERE FALLING IN LOVE
once…? That is, before you dated him.
But I wont resist this betrayal, vindictive scourge of the spurned,
I’ll just walk away “seized,” head held down and mute.
I’ll die for your sins,
these romantic fissures enlarging between us by day
nakedly vulnerable and shamed before those who knew me strong.
I am not of this world anymore,
returning to the celestial kingdom I used to have
where I can dream of kissing you for real
without the deceit.


------Mark 14:43-45
And immediately, while he was still speaking, Judas came, one of the twelve, and with him a crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders. Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying, “The one I will kiss is the man. Seize him and lead him away under guard.” And when he came, he went up to him at once and said, “Rabbi!” And he kissed him.

No comments: