Friday, March 5, 2010

My Babylon Babe (You Are Missed)




http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=695888287315


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvnkAtWcKYg

* Dedicated to Paramore "Decode"
* Dedicated to ***i* ***


--------------------/Babylon Babe/


Why do you have to look at me like that?
Why do you look into my eyes and then abscond
forever
never to return, leaving longings in their seminal stages
unfulfilled
When we speak our souls never talk effusive with our words
focusing only on the mundane
when I want to tell you that "I think this could work"
that I could fall for you
(that I really already have)
and these types of feelings are generally episodic
which makes this so hard
why cant you stay with me?
this is suffering

my heart is like a city deserted
like a woman recently widowed shamed
weeping with no comfort
to address your memory in your stead is my
affliction and harsh labor
my hope has gone into exile
because fears of loneliness have become my master
yet again paranoia of being undesirable is at ease
the road to romance mourns
because there will be no betrothed walking together
speaking of the former times, so prosperous
(when you had more time)
no appointed feasts

I lament when I think of your focused attention
were you intentionally trying to harm me?
dabbling my emotions sardonically
all the while plotting to lay siege
to destroy me from the face of the earth, capturing all that I have
and taking it to your foreign land
while all that remains of my self esteem is rubble?
I was foolish to be so vulnerable
like it was 587 BC
you Babylon, and I...Jerusalem




--------------------------Lamentations 1:1-6

How deserted lies the city,
once so full of people!
How like a widow is she,
who once was great among the nations!
She who was queen among the provinces
has now become a slave.

Bitterly she weeps at night,
tears are upon her cheeks.
Among all her lovers
there is none to comfort her.
All her friends have betrayed her;
they have become her enemies.

After affliction and harsh labor,
Judah has gone into exile.
She dwells among the nations;
she finds no resting place.
All who pursue her have overtaken her
in the midst of her distress.

The roads to Zion mourn,
for no one comes to her appointed feasts.
All her gateways are desolate,
her priests groan,
her maidens grieve,
and she is in bitter anguish.

Her foes have become her masters;
her enemies are at ease.
The LORD has brought her grief
because of her many sins.
Her children have gone into exile,
captive before the foe.

All the splendor has departed
from the Daughter of Zion.
Her princes are like deer
that find no pasture;
in weakness they have fled
before the pursuer.


---------------Decode Lyrics

How can I decide on what's right?
When you're clouding up my mind
I can't win your losing fight all the time
Nor could I ever own what's mine
When you're always taking sides
But you won't take away my pride
No not this time
Not this time

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know

The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue
Just boiling in my blood,
But you think that I can't see
What kind of man that you are
If you're a man at all

Well, I will figure this one out on my own
(I'm screaming "I love you so.")
On my own
(My thoughts you can't decode)

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well, yeah
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know

Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools of ourselves
Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools of ourselves

Yeah, Yeah

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well, yeah, yeah
How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well

I think I know
I think I know
There is something I see in you
It might kill me,
I want it to be true

No comments: