Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blood Is No Longer The Issue



http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=690302785705


----------------------/Antidote; The Last Thoughts Of The Woman With an Issue of Blood/




The scribes say you'll know when you're chosen by God
by antecedent signs
by the ethos of an era that cries out for recognition
....or simply the pure desire you harbor
for change
for liberation from oppression (if it rages deep within).
And I don't bathe anymore because
it never stops....my clothes are always sullied, the water opaque,
dried blood stains the staircase
the shame from defiling my family's house always lingers
and the doctors don't want to touch me
they only prescribe excuses for me to be dismissed
and ostracized in the synagogues
so Im mostly relegated to lurching along the border of town
by day (hoping on charity for food and drink)
insistent to God for a reprieve from the wild beasts
in the wilderness by night
as I place my arms on my knees
and sob underneath the glare of the full moon and dark clouds
wondering
is there any life for me other than this one
the sneers of my enemies never felt so palpable
I can feel the delight of those who feel it a privilege not to pray
yet even if I had to slither like a serpent on the ground
the rest of my days
grasping for the cloak of the man who knew a cure
I wouldn't wish this on anyone
I only wish that someone would save me
from this madness, from myself
reverse this curse
and set me free




(restore my dignity)

-----------------Luke 8:43-48
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped."Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you." But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me." Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."

No comments: