Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bellicose



*dedicated to The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus "Grim Goodbye"


http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=691925388995


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf883pV41mI

-----/Bellicose: The Thoughts of The Apostle Paul The Soldier/--------------




I don't like the smell of blood
Or the sight of it, or when it stains my clothes
and people say cowards fall in battle while the courageous
stand steadfast
undeterred
just before sunset with my command I blow the candles out
and use the darkness as a canvas to paint my thoughts
staring into ether wondering what the world could be without death
because most men don't fight anymore,
all they do is run and hide
forced to recant their aspirations before conquered by their fears
but sometimes we don’t chase murder (or mortality)
it accosts us...
The Belt of truth protects from lies
The Breastplate of righteousness girds against lewdness
without which any conflict would be ill-advised
and misguided
but ultimately we pray against all wrangling our feet
adorned with the gospel of peace
in the interim, to deflect flaming arrows of wickedness
we use the shield of faith, forged in crucibles of lost love
but belief in its reclamation
And the helmet of salvation guards against insanity in the trenches
when those around us begin to perish
when the world turns cold and we wont let the Enemy
win the day, brandishing the sword of the Spirit which is
our words proclaiming victory and cessation from all suffering
because the Covenant of Life was meant to be sealed with trust
never blood
the contract of suffering into which we were all conscripted
though you realize after some time
men were never meant to die

(it is a sin)


------------------------Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.




----"Grim Goodbye" Lyrics

Whoooaaaa, whooooaa
Whooooa, whooooooa, whooooaa
......
Don't you try to take me down,
don't you try to take me over,
won't you try to break me?
The complexities moving in,
and I feel that I do not have the strength,
tragedies plaguing me solemnly
Its affecting my will

Wait now that I've found you,
situations from dark now change to gray
Disregarding my absence of memories,
its perpetually blinding me of sanity,
and just when I'm giving in,
as I try to scale these walls
Jericho falls around me
and I feel that I've strayed too long

And darkness is fading in...and darkness is real

Oh my eyes
oh closing slowly
I try

Fate seems to recreate,
I just can not escape,
Something holds me down and makes me act a way I can't explain
Even now I can feel it coming over me choking me,
as I'm falling behind
You can say you know me,
but you have no clue what my dreams could show you

And darkness is fading in, and darkness is real

Oh my eyes
oh closing slowly
I try

I
Can't
Can't win

I feel something deep inside me,
I feel deep inside
I feel something deep inside me and I can't let this go, whoa,
I feel something deep inside me and I can't let this go, whoa,

Lie, as I try to steer clear, and I try to stay sober
This is taking me over,
And my dreams complicate it...

I just can not let this go
I tried so many times to tell you
I just I can not let this go,
I just can not win

See you
I see you falling away
I see you...you
Killing me softly
I see you...you falling away I see you...you

Don't take what's in front of me, open eyes can see I have everything
Tell you don't take what's in front of me, tell you don't take what's in me

Lie, which one lied?
When I feel it come a way, way that's why I try...lie

(Crowd singing)

I see you coming my way
dreams may fall more everyday
I see you looking my way

And I've tried just to separate dreams from reality watch to satisfy this wanting,
Try to stay righteous, try to stay sober, but then, I can't win

And I know you, and I know you, and I know you...
Lie

No comments: