Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jennifer....

What can I say to you? I cant stop thinking about you even after much time passing. I harken back to what that priest told me in confession a while back: "maybe God has given you the feelings you have for Jennifer." This is the lone conclusion I can reach that has any logical merit. We dont talk, when you see me you walk by me, and last time we interacted you were seemingly enamored with your new boyfriend.

What can I say to you? Do I want to break your relationship up? Do I even have the ability to do so? No I dont want to scar your heart the way mine is at present. I dont want you to know what its like to feel damned to fall for someone who doesnt even care youre alive. No I dont want that for you. I want you to love this man, Dagon (see the poem below) and run with him wherever he takes you.

What I am saying to you Jennifer, is that I meant it when I said "I am absolutely crazy" about you. Listen, if you never love me I know I loved you. And if nothing else, I have learned there is nobility in loving someone. Love is not necessarily tied to tangible attributes. I cant touch you but yet, I feel you so acutely everytime I think about how beautiful your eyes are. Maybe I am the biggest fool on earth, Jennifer...but I am a fool for you. And right now just knowing you for that brief period in time is enough to help me fall asleep. This is what happens when you are crazy about someone.

No comments: