Friday, April 11, 2014

Georgetown, Washington DC is Heaven




Tony: Yo Prophet Isaiah, lend me a verse son. Lend me a passage so I can flirt with Georgetown son. You know I wanna live there right? Can I call you "Zaya" for short???

Prophet Isaiah: ....Uhhhhhhhhh....Let me check with Jesus on that....on both counts


------------------/Georgetown is MY New Jerusalem

O Georgetown (University), when I visit you
it is always as a thoroughfare, privileged and decorous,
this enchanted other-
worldly passage to a place far removed from my Mundane,
“tossed with tempest and not comforted.”
Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties as Babylon.
Cruel coquettish women – nothing if not taskmasters with whips
(and gaudy headdress) flaying men’s hearts. Notwithstanding
pompous truant men clothed in rags masquerading as goons
because they hate their life’s deplorable lot;
limp soldiers awaiting Persian slaughter.  I loathe
those smoke stacked Metro-train laden pillaged lands of captivity.
But Ive found a new world. I shake their dust from my feet.
Your sidewalks of cobblestone are as seductive as pure gold,
the lined storefronts on M street as dazzling as gates of crystal,
their ornate bars allowing rare access to celestial apparel:
Dolce and Gabbana, Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren
angel gowns, archangel swords, harps of cherubim.  
Adorning your stately and classy women walking to and fro
hither and thither
as sapphires.  Effortlessly exuding sophistication and sexiness. 
Your men are noble warriors of the Spiritual Realm. Hoya Saxa.
And the Potomac River always flows
analogously to the blood of captivation pulsing in my veins,
as I stare longingly across the Key Bridge
to the Kennedy Center
musing on its walls of precious stones and drapery of colorful gems
lounge of US Presidents,
dancing as the wind sings to me, sweet breath of the divine,
that all your children shall be taught by the Lord.
Ruby streetlights seduce pedestrians under the rising moon
beckoning them, never leave.
This is my afterlife free from terror and oppression of the brutish.
Georgetown, O Heavenly City 
whoever assembles against you shall fall
as a heathen forever condemned…burning in Hell 



--------Isaiah 54:11-15
“O you afflicted one,
Tossed with tempest, and not comforted,
Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems,
And lay your foundations with sapphires.
I will make your pinnacles of rubies,
Your gates of crystal,
And all your walls of precious stones.
All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children.
In righteousness you shall be established;
You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear;
And from terror, for it shall not come near you.
Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of Me.
Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake.


No comments: