Friday, July 31, 2009

India Arie, You Are My Everything


If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing

-----------------------[India Arie, I Will Wither Without You]


My heart is like soil
and your love is like water
and the storm clouds are like my passion
and thunder is like the sound of my heart beating
over and over
over and over, for you
the wind (strong) is like my craving, baby
its sound is a screeching howl trees, rooftops, and castle walls
can barely withstand
to be with you is rain
refreshed

India, baby, youre not listening to me, girl!
I said youre not listening...
from deep within the soil the promise of my faithfulness attempts to sprout
like a vine
and it reaches towards heaven just to try to hold you
but it has no arms
I am pregnant with grapes but my womb is barren!
the vinedresser is the moments passing by (without your kiss)
with gloves of opportunity eager to prune
but I need branches
but I need leaves

The moment is now!
I command you to love me
...or else watch me wither and die
I will turn brown deprived of your presence
and endearing touch.

Be with me, enable me to grow
be my branch,
my leaves
be my grapes
(the fruit of two souls entwined so sweet)
love starved, hollow and useless I am
without your affection
pouring down into my heart
I am nothing, can do nothing
without you






John 15: 1-8
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

No comments: